Trusts & Trustee Services
Trusts are the cornerstones of many the world’s most effective estate and tax planning structures.
Tried and tested for many centuries and having their roots in ancient English law, trusts are now used by many internationally active families – even those of relatively modest means. In a sense, trusts are unique in that they are not legal entities and yet they exist and enjoy the respect and recognition of many the world’s courts well beyond the lifetime of the original settlor. The practical uses and objectives are very wide ranging, but the most common include:
- preserving family assets for future generations;
- planning for a family’s own inheritance needs and preferences;
- optimising available tax planning opportunities;
- cross-border investment and asset growth;
- safe-keeping and managing assets in a safer haven;
- securing a level of privacy for a family’s personal affairs and finances.